So, to that end, the two potions that you want to have are either:
Potion of the Old War is for melee; and Potion of Deadly Grace is for ranged. The cost of these two potions are 8 common herbs and 2 rare herbs. The cost of the herbs fluctuate - but it seems like you can count on the potions being 300 gold ea on the AH. Alternatively, you can use your extra Blood of Sargeras to buy the herb mats from the Blood Trader. The point is, you can count on needing 5-10 potions per night - so 15 a week on average would be 4,500 gold or if you used blood's then 29 bloods would get you 15 potions - at a rate of 1 blood equating to ~0.5 a potion. The point is, it doesn't take a lot of effort on each raiders part to find their way to 15 potions a week.
Flasks are more expensive to make - but they last longer so you only need 4 a week. If you purchased with gold, you're looking at 900 gold ea - so 3,600 gold per week. If you used blood's then each blood works out to be worth about ~0.23 of a flask - so 18 bloods would get you 4 flasks for the week. So ultimately - ea. week to be safe you could spend 47 bloods to get 15 potions and 4 flasks; you could spend ~8,100 gold; or any combination of the two.
So why does this even matter? Those two potions I listed add about 4-6 million damage on use! On our best Ursoc kill last week at enrage we were missing 80 million damage - so if the 7 DPS had used these potions we'd cut into that 42 million - that's a big deal!
Purple Raid Update
TL:DR Version - Let's start using potions and flasks all the time. To that end we'll need help with mats - listed below are the requirements for what you need; what things cost; and who can make things for you. Additionally, we should all start to communicate more so that we're clear what we're doing / improving on between pulls. Lastly - there's a few things that can be done to increase your toon's performance with minimal effort.
There's a couple things that I think we could with Purple group to help with our current progression.
- Flasks and Pots
- Gearing Up Effectively (Mythic+)
1. We haven't been doing a good job using flasks and potions - but it's an easy fix! Broburger is an alchemist in the Purple group and he's been providing flasks and potions to the G-bank. The problem is, flasks and potions are expensive / time consuming to make for everyone. What we would like to do is start a situation where:
- Having flasks and potions is expected.
- You can obtain the mats and send them to Broburger in order to get your pots.
So that end there are flasks and potions. The cost-efficient potions for us to use is the Potion of Prolonged Power. This costs 1 Blood of Sargeras and creates 10 potions. Now because you can't give your bloods to Broburger in order to make them, we need to send him a bit of gold and he'll use his. 250 gold will get you 10 potions - so 500 gold will get you 20 potions for use during the week, which should be enough.
Flasks are a bit of a different story - they are more expensive. A flask runs about 800-900 gold on the auction house if you buy them outright, and if you used your Blood of Sargeras to buy mats to send to Broburger it'll run about 18 Blood of Sargeras for 4 flasks - which equates to four hours of raiding.
So ultimately you're looking at 4,500 gold a week if you just did everything with gold; 500 gold and 18 Blood of Sargeras; or whatever price you can get for the flasks if you bought the mats off there. It's not nothing - but the missions from your scouting table give 500-750 ea. and there's a few of those a day. This will help us a lot and it's not that big of an investment.
Below is what I had written before realizing there was a more economic option that was almost as good.
2. There are plenty of reasons to do Mythic+ but I am going to list a couple reasons why even doing some +2's can be very beneficial:
- If you don't have 850 relics - Mythic+2 are a great way to get them. Mythic+2 is only slightly harder than mythic, and with even a slightly decent group you can rush through it and get three chests at the end - so that's 3 chances for relics. Relics are really, really important because +ilvls to your weapon give drastically more main-stat. If you haven't noticed, your weapon has about as much main-stat as all your armor slots combined - so getting +ilvls to it has a massive effect.
- Multiple chances for legendary loot!
3. One thing we can encourage is some communication on what we're doing. I've received some messages between pulls asking what we're going to do next time, or how something works. Three things that can help with this would be for us to explain more clearly after wipes what we're going to try and do different for the next attempt; more communication during fights (move to X; pop a CD; etc); and if a player doesn't understand something, or is having trouble with a mechanic to speak up!
To that effect we still have Masta raid leading with Jems being able to provide information as well, but Kashebolt is going to focus on calling things out for DPS, and I (Luke) am going to focus on trying to communicate more with the healers - lining up CDs and shit like that.
If there are any questions, concerns, suggestions - please post them!